Sunday, July 3

I was reading the newspaper this afternoon when I came across some interesting stuff. No, I skipped the front page because it’s too depressing, so don’t ask me about the Gloriagate scandal or the E-VAT.

What caught my eye was the line “Johnny Depp and Ralph Fiennes take on whimsical characters in their new films – as … Willy Wonka in ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” and as the diabolical Lord Voldemort in ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.’” Whoa. Ralph Fiennes? Johnny Depp I could understand. He is, after all, Edward Scissorhands and Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean). I guess “whimsy” is his middle name. But Ralph Fiennes, as in the Ralph Fiennes of “End of the Affair” and “Schindler’s List,” as He Who Must Not Be Named? Kinda surprising for an actor with his caliber, no offense to J. K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe (and Emma Watson *sly grin*).

And then I saw some pictures with captions saying “so-and-so in Iganacio Loyola.” There’s a designer named Ignacio Loyola?! I pity the guy, assuming that it’s his real name. His parents are either very devout follower of St. Ignatius of Loyola or are staunch Ateneans to the core. Or both. They probably sang “Song for Mary” and “Blue Eagle Spelling” instead of lullabies and nursery rhymes.

Anyway… Hmm… What else? I was meaning to tell you about my latest (pathetic) crush but I’m not in the mood to write. Just a teaser: namesake of my recent ex (not him. her.) Such a crazy world. Rather, such a crazy Pau.

Hey, check out my new blog in blog-city. It doesn’t contain anything yet, but I’ve already chosen the theme and put the links to other blogs. Blog-city is cool because amateurs like me don’t need to buy “HTML for Dummies” when designing the webpage itself. I’m still debating on whether to move there for good or stay here until Lorie finds a host that offers both the user-friendliness of Blog-city and html option of Blogspot. What do you think? And what do you think of my new blog? Comments and suggestions? I’ll be waiting.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i think i offhandedly mentioned to you the white american guy i was infatuated with for days. he told me that parents will always treat us as kids even when we're 35 and married already. major bummer. :p

but yeah. when we're on our own and the contact between us and them is scarce na, we won't be as antagonistic with each other (our parents and us) as we were/are while we're living with them.

uy, balita: academic chief na si sir siena! and would it be so surprising if ma'am biyo is the director na?

they had *horseback riding* in pisay sang foundation day/s, just this week. and Thirsty, KFC and mister donut were there, too. they had fireworks pa guid. major bonggacious gid ya kuno ang foundation weeklet nila.

should we be envious? :)

Unknown said...

on looking for a blog with "the best of both worlds"... why not FRIENDSTER BLOGS?!?!


hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha!

pau said...

nope, you haven't mentioned that yet.:)

re: caregivers. actually, it was a running joke among our family that my siblings n i would just leave our parents and aunts in a home for the aged because they'd be a "nuisance" when they're old. (remember our energy-draining visit to a home for the aged in iloilo?).

now, with the massive influx of pinoy caregivers and nurses abroad, the joke is we'd hire foreign caregivers (french for tatay, british for nanay) na lang, para ganti sa foreigners. :D

re: we won't be antagonistic... yeah, i think so, too. but then if they visit often, or come to live with us... oh no! ayos lang, but they should take care of their grandkids. hehe :D

pau said...

coolness. asenso pisay ah. hurray for sir siena. :) but im hesitant to visit e. maam arthess might report me or sumthing for not completing a science course. i'm a fugitive. :)

re: friendster blog. best of both worlds? really? i was about to build one a month ago, but i just keep forgetting. my initial plan was to put just one entry, directing the people to this site. do tell me if friendster is a nice host. :D

Unknown said...

uhm, i was sarcastic. :p friendster daan has limited templates. and just like blog-city, you can't manipulate it as much as when you get a premium account. so i've resigned myself to upgrading my blog-city account na lang when i'm working already. :) sulit daan. they're one of the cheapest around yata eh... :)

Anonymous said...

try blogdrive. *edit edit edit*

pau said...

salamat toj. :D

or maybe we should buy a software for making html. or buy html for dummies. cheaper than paying blog-city. :)

Anonymous said...

edward scissorhands.. i love that movie..