Thursday, November 4

*gush* I saw my crush again last Saturday night. Gahd, super duper (mega over) cute. Can you see the stars coming out my eyes? *swoon*

*sigh* But it’s not really meant to be. Meron na syang iba… *sob* But that’s all right. Cute pa rin sya. Kelan ko kaya sya makikita ule? Hmm… *sigh* So much for my manifesto, huh? But, no, I’m not taking those back yet.

You might be wondering why I saw Cutie Pie last Saturday night. Well, there was a party somewhere in Timog and we were together… along with half a dozen of our friends. I had a so much fun that night, but I did some really stupid things as well. Sher, Raissa’s officemate, introduced me to someone (you do get the implication of being “introduced,” right?). Unfortunately, I was clueless as to what to do when situations like that arise, and my flirting mechanisms (if I ever had any) are rusty already. Needless to say, I totally messed up. When they told us to go to the dance floor, I said “Mamaya na, hindi pa ako lasing.” How foot-in-mouth disease is that? Anyway, we just stood there, not meeting each other’s eyes… nagkahiyaan! And when the music stopped playing, I went back to my table and didn’t invite Sher’s friend to sit with us. How impolite could I get? Gahd, one wrong move too many.

Anyway, later that night, I asked Raissa to tell me what to do next time somebody is introduced to me. Kung may next time pa. If it’s any consolation, I got one thing right: nung nagtanong sya about my age, tinanong ko rin sya. O ‘di ba? Our lame attempt to make small talk. Oh well. But to my defense, it was just too awkward, and I was just too shy and too stupid. Sher did tell me before that she would make me pakilala to someone (“Cute, Pau!”), but I didn’t expect it to be that soon! I also didn’t expect that person to be in the table next to ours! Oh well. Excuses, excuses. I hope we could see each other again so that I could redeem myself. If Sher would let me near her friend again, that is. I could be so bobo sometimes. Pasensya na, my brain doesn’t seem to be working properly these days.

1 comment:

andiepoo said...

Okay, forgive me but I'm confused now. The person you were "introduced" to (smashing answer, btw), is it a he or a she? ...and then more questions to follow. But I really did love what you said. :)