Wednesday, July 6

I’m not actually looking for a job. I already have one, but it’s not the regular nine-to-five. And it’s only for a couple of months. I’m supposed to write the operations manual for our family business (Rosa Foods, Inc. We're engaged mainly in the processing of meat. Care to try? You'll definitely love our products.). It’s not entirely a labor of love. I will get paid once I finish the damn thing. But the experience and the sense of fulfillment (from having accomplished something while bumming around) will definitely be valuable.

Of course, my pay will be small compared to the rest of the would-be-yuppies out there, but that’s okay. There are so many fringe benefits. I don’t have to dress up or go to an office every day. I can work whenever I please. I could even get a free ride when I need to attend a seminar in town. And the pay would be my starting money once I start looking for a real job in the big city.

Oh, the best bonus: my latest (and weirdest) crush is coming over in a couple of weeks to check on my progress. Coolness. I love this job! I only wish I would actually work on it and get something (more like a lot of things) done instead of updating my blog.

No comments: