Thursday, May 5

boracay

Just came from Boracay. Some cousins from my mother’s side came over to visit, and naturally the world-famous beach was in the itinerary. But I think I overdid my tan this time. The skin on my upper arms are so mahapdi (how do you say that in English anyway? And I applied sun block!). The rest of my body is okay naman (with my butterfly henna tattoo on my right shoulder blade. Yeah!), although I’m a bit darker than I expected. Not to worry. I already bought skin whitening lotion even before we went to Bora. Haha. Walking contradiction ba ang dating? Magpapaitim sa beach and then magpapaputi pagkatapos? I’m just trying to even out the skin color of my arms. :D

Hmm… Henna tattoo is so last year na pala. The in thing now is the hair braid. My cousin paid 500+ bucks to have her hair braided. Pretty expensive, even if it took three hours to do her waist-length hair. The things people do to earn money.

*sigh* It’s gonna be another year before I set foot on Boracay again. Even if I live in Kalibo, I can’t go there regularly. I’m not a Boracay-whore, as Raya Mananquil wrote in Inquirer a few weeks back. My mother and I have this private joke (not so private anymore) that we could go to Boracay anytime we don’t want. Kung kalian namin gusto, bawal pumunta. So there. Everyone’s busy in this house kasi, so we don’t have time for “frivolities” like that. My father couldn’t understand why we really want, nay, desire to go to Boracay. It would always be there, he tells us, so why go there when there’s still a lot of work to do? Yun na nga e! It’s so near, that’s why we take it for granted na. We have to wait for guests na sasamahan namin sa Boracay. Otherwise, it’s a no-go from the Master of all KJ and Party Poopers aka my father. Grr.

Although Boracay’s getting crowded and dirty na. Commercialized na kasi. Super daming tao, super daming waste (as in piss and poo), super daming lumot. Eew. Tsk tsk. People should take steps to conserve Boracay. And I’m not just talking about the locals but the visitors as well. Boracay’s not gonna be beautiful for long if they keep this up. In five years or so, it’s gonna be ugly and polluted, and tourism in Aklan might die with it. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(mahapdi...with the context that it's a sunburn) blistering?... searing?...or hows about excruciating pain...hahaha :)
nwe, i just have nothing to do...still in existential angst...huhuhuh ;(