Thursday, September 23

Moro and More

Abie and I went to Moro Lorenzo (Ateneo’s very own fitness gym) a couple of nights ago. Since we were both newbies, the training wasn’t really that intensive, but, boy, was I really worn out. I guess “absolutely exhausted” was written all over my face because barely halfway through it, Abie was already asking me if I was still all right. Goodness, I almost fainted then and there. Abie was also asking me if I regretted enrolling to a gym. I mean, I was actually paying a hefty sum to those psychos disguised as gym instructors to torture me! But no, I’m not regretting anything. Well, I do regret looking like a complete idiot with my tongue lolling out, but in a few months, I’ll be a very fit, very trim-looking idiot in a two-piece swimsuit nursing a piña colada in Boracay with a dozen or so hunks flocking around me. Hah! Take that!

Okay, I may have gone overboard with that (Asa pa ako, ‘di ba?). But really, I don’t mind the pain (I’m a masochist, remember?) but what I really can’t stand is the pagod. I tire easily as a result of 19 years of inactive and bum-like existence. Oh well. Maybe I should’ve joined a sport when I was a kid, or played patintero and habulan instead of Barbie dolls and lutu-lutuan. But looking back, I was this excruciatingly shy lampayatot who was always the saling-pusa (thus explaining my fondness, nay, obsession with cats) in every game, so you can’t exactly expect me to excel in sports. (Whoa, five, yep, count ‘em, five “ex-“ words in that sentence. Amazing. So what’s your point, Pau? *sardonic laugh*) Anyway, this is what I’m really regretting: trying to start being active so late in life. By late, I don’t mean my age (heck, I’m still young!), but late as in too late in changing my unhealthy habits and lifestyle. *sigh* I’m not even sure if I could follow thorough this gym ritual.

Hmm… Maybe I should also try eating healthier food. But where in Katipunan could I get inexpensive health food? The type that actually tastes like food and not cardboard. Oh well. Here’s to a healthier, more active life.

In other news, I have a new crush. Well, it’s not exactly new. I’ve been toying with this idea for a month or so already. But anyway, this guy and I know are quite close (Yes, it’s a guy. Some people might just bludgeon me to death if I talk about girls. Haha.). He’s far from being my ideal guy, but I can live with that. Beggars can’t be choosers, ya know? The problem is, I’m not his type. He likes drop-dead gorgeous girls, the kind who makes us wonder what happened to equality in this universe, and I’m definitely not like that.

I can’t blame him, though. Hell, if I were a guy, I’d also set my sights high. But I’m a girl, so I’m destined to wait until a guy makes the first move. And as much as I’d want to take matters into my own hands, I’d rather not. I don’t want to lose our “friendship,” not to mention my dignity. So much for my new prospect.

Goodness, this is just so sad. Three weeks left in this semester and I’m talking about gym and a guy. I have to get my head checked.

No, Andie, this entry is not specifically tailored for you to bash. I am really writing about my experiences here. Besides, I doubt that she ever needs to enroll in a gym. She probably has her own gym at home. And I also doubt that she ever has a problem getting any guy she wants. What do they see in her anyway? I swear, men are from an entirely different galaxy. As for the “punching blog” I told you about, maybe after the second sem, eh? I promise I’ll try to really get on your nerves. :p

No comments: