Saturday, September 4

Christmas Lists

Christmas Wish List
(Christmas is but four months away, and it’s never too early to make a list!)
1. Peace on earth
2. Latin honors upon graduation
3. iPod (or any cool mp3 player)
4. Zire (or any cool personal digital assistant)
5. Laptop
6. The love of my life (the one who got away)

Let me clarify some things here. This is my wish list. In my world, wish is very different from want or need. Ponder for a minute on the statement “Wish ko lang!” in the StressTabs commercial, and the phrase “wishful thinking.” So the list above contains the things I fervently wish I have, but I’m 100% sure (redundant, yes, but I’m making a point here.) that they’re impossible to get. So why bother making this list of impossibles? Wala lang. It makes me feel a little bit better. Hopefully, my desire for these things would fade away after seeing them written down. Hopefully.

Actually, I also wanted to write down “trim and toned body with no stretchmarks” and “fair, milky complexion” pero huwag na lang. Not only would I be a selfish brat, I’d also be a vain one. Both of which are true, but let’s not rub that in. I want Santa to put me in his good boys and girls list. So there. Besides, they’re not really impossible to get. I just need patience and endurance to exercise and apply those whitening lotions. And money. Lots and lots of money. Are you reading this, Santa Claus?

Christmas want/need list
1. Laser printer (my pc is so lonely already)
2. New set of wardrobe (skirts, tops, pants, hell, even underwear!)
3. VCD/DVD’s of my favorite movies
4. Books (I’m trying to start a collection. Trying.)
5. Inuman all night long
6. High school yearbook (my high school batchmates would agree with me)

No, I’m not hinting at anyone to buy me these things. Although if you suddenly wanted to do me a favor and take me shopping, then by all means, do so. But really, no pressure here. As I said earlier, I’m hoping that every time I see these lists, my selfish desires would gradually subside. Here’s to a happy and meaningful Christmas season.

No comments: