Wednesday, July 5

Wimbledon Fever

Who cares about the World Cup when there's Wimbledon?

Semi-finals na, and it's getting more exciting, not to mention tension-filled. Henin-Hardenne vs Clijsters and Mauresmo vs Sharapova. I can't explain why, but I'm rooting for Henin-Hardenne. Probably coz she's won all the Grand Slam tournaments except Wimbledon. So she's very very very determined to win this year. And coz she's cute *idiotic grin*. Just don't look at her face while she's serving, though. Her eyes get really huge and her lips are pursed in concentration; it's actually scary.

I'm kinda scared for her. In her past matches (in Wimbledon), she's had a relatively easy time, making mincemeat out of her opponents and always winning in just two sets. But it's the semis now. It's the battle of the WTA Top 4. She's facing fellow Belgian Clijsters, ranked number 2. And when she gets past Clijsters (oh, she will, I'm telling you), she'll face either Mauresmo, number 1, or Sharapova, number 4 (lang :P) who won the tournament in 2004. Tough, tough, tough.

But then again, I have complete faith in her. I mean, she's not WTA number 3 for nothing. And she just won the French Open this year. And her backhand is said to be superb. And, as I already mentioned, she's very very very determined to win. So tomorrow night, my father, uncle and I are gonna be glued to the TV screen. And I'll be rooting for Henin-Hardenne. Yay, Justine! You go, girl!





Click here for Wimbledon's official website
Click here for Justine's official website

No comments: