Monday, March 13

happy days are here again

I’m so happy. Last Friday, an aunt dropped in and gave me the puppies she promised me. She owns Tiny’s mother, and fortunately the bitch (Tiny’s mother, not my aunt) gave birth to four puppies last January. So when she (my aunt, not the bitch) found out that Tiny passed away (*sniff*), she told me she’ll give me two puppies. Para may spare in case something bad happens again. (Maybe I should just ask for the mother, so I’ll have a puppy factory.)

The puppies are so cute! And they still have puppy breath! Isn’t that adorable? They’re still a month and a half, and I had thought of returning them to their mother so they could drink breast milk for at least a few more weeks. But my uncle dissuaded me, saying that the mother probably wouldn’t recognize them as her pups anymore. So I feed them with milk na lang. I was tempted to buy them Pedigree, but the humans in this house would surely kill me.

I christened the puppies Lulu and Chino. Lulu is female and has the same coloring as Tiny: white, with a brown head and brown spots at the back. I named the male Chino because he’s like a cappuccino upside down: brown body with white underbelly. Lulu is chubbier and big-boned while Chino is thinner and has longer legs.

Lulu’s feisty and the friskier of the two. And she’s fearless. I read somewhere that if you want to nip bad behavior at the bud, you should scare them with loud noises when you catch them in the act. Well, I saw Lulu enter the garage (it’s a forbidden zone) so I made loud noises to make her go out, but she wasn’t even startled. After one glance at me, she continued sniffing the floor so I had to carry her out.

I also caught Chino chewing a slipper and made loud noises again. He got scared and fled the scene. I doubt if he’ll ever chew another footwear again. He’s also the more laidback and subdued of the two. He toddles around slowly and cautiously, while Lulu would scamper about.

Lulu is more frolicsome than Chino when it comes to playing with humans. But when they’re playing with each other, I can’t make a generalization. Sometimes, Chino would just lie there and let Lulu “attack” his ears or tail. Other times, it’s the other way around. Most of the time, though, when both are in playful moods, they’ll attack each other with gusto.

They take their naps after playing, and I think it’s reflex that they curl against each other for warmth. And the positions they get into! One time, I saw them in what I call the yin and yang. Lulu’s head (or cheek) was on Chino’s hind leg, and Chino’s on Lulu’s. I so wanted to take their picture then and there, but I’ve become superstitious na. I don’t want to take a picture of them. I took gazillions of pictures of my three other dogs, and look what happened to them. I’ll probably take their picture when they’re five (human) years old already. :P

And for the nth time, they’re so cute! :D

P. S.

Our older puppy, Chico, is insanely jealous and absolutely terrified of the two. It's so amusing to watch him squirm and then later run for his life as the two curios little devils attack him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello! i liked this post on Lulu and Chino. i like Lulu's headstrong quality. hehe. drop me a line sometime. :)