Tuesday, May 24

Malditang manhid, that’s me. It used to be malditang martir, but I realized that was stupid. Being a maldita worked for me, but martyrdom rubbed me the wrong way. So I took a few steps back and aimed for being insensitive instead. Wasn’t so difficult. Many have wondered how I managed to remain strong even as I suffer, indifferent even as I inflict pain. I was malditang manhid extraordinaire.

But wait. Am I really this insensitive? Have I turned into a cold, manipulative monster? Have I really forgotten all the heartaches in my past? Or am I just afraid to show how vulnerable I could be?

Malditang manhid, that’s me. But underneath, maybe I am just scared to be hurt again.

2 comments:

andiepoo said...

That's nice, "malditang manhid." :) Aren't we all, eh? Although, I think I'm just the ordinaire kind, but that's not such a great improvement still, hahah.

pau said...

I wanted to use “hullabaloo” for my title, but other people might think I’m stealing their idea, when in reality, I have been using that word for as long as I could remember. Or at least, I've been using it before they did. Oh well. Issue na naman ito when they see this comment. Bah humbug.

You know, we should talk some time. Not this kind of talk, confined to the comments section of our blogs. As in real talk. Next time, eh? :D