Sunday, April 17

snip snip snippets

These are the stuff that’s been on my mind lately. They’re mainly bits and pieces of the recent happenings in my life, so they don’t really have a flow. Para naman hindi lang results ng quizzes yung nababasa nyo. And to think Creative Writing was one of my choices of course to shift into. Writing, maybe. Creative, no. Hmm… And instead of the incredibly looooong entry I posted earlier, I split the thing into several posts.

I want to go to a retreat. I really need to do some soul-searching before I go back to Manila. I wonder if silent retreats are offered here in Aklan.

I’m having second thoughts on working in Manila, though. On one hand, where else could I find good employment opportunities? Abroad perhaps, but I don’t want to end up taking care of some cranky old guy. On the other hand, competition in Metro Manila is pretty stiff. Also, its population has been skyrocketing with the massive influx of people from the provinces. I was hoping that I won’t to add to the congestion. I believe that our country should try to decentralize, i.e., economic activity and development should not be focused on a few cities. There are scores of other towns and cities that need to be developed. Graduates hailing from provinces like me ought to stay put and improve our respective hometowns. But then again… *sigh* The internal debate continues. Serves me right for not going to any one of the retreats offered by Ateneo last March.

No comments: